After searching and playing with trying to implement solutions:
I rapidly realized that if i wanted to use Erlangs OTP 0.19 and Elixir I would need to roll my own thanks to a library dependency install issue with OTP 0.19
- ex_statsd is a on of the many wonderful Elixir libraries made by the people at CargoSense. Its a pure Elixir interface to the StatsD server protocol.
- Quantum is a “Cron-like job scheduler for Elixir.”
- DatadogHQ is a Cloud hosted performance data service. Data dog provides a daemon that monitors a system or in my case container stats such as networking and cpu.
- ConCache doesn’t have a way to get the memory size of a cache so you have to drop down to the erlang level and get the its table information.
- :ets.info memory returns a value in words so you have to multiply by :erlang.system_info(:wordsize) to get the size in bytes.